We are currently seeking volunteers in the following areas:
– Grant writing
– Mailing and newsletter support
– Tech support (CIH website, Facebook, Twitter, social media)
– Assistance at fundraising events
– Assistance moving furniture & appliances for clients & office
– Administrative assistance
– Arranging CIH speaking events with your youth group, parish, organization
– Monthly rosary/ chaplet/ prayer group for CIH
– Holy hour commitment to pray for our work
– Blog articles (need prior approval; more information to come)
– Gathering a group to put together survivor welcome kits/bags (personal hygiene items, notepads/pens, change of clothing, etc.)
– Hosting fundraisers (see ideas below)
Drive for sheets, towels, clothes, household needs for our clients
Drive for music and books for our clients
Fair Trade coffee/tea/chocolate fundraiser
Home party to raise funds
Run/walk/hike/bike for donations
Art/music event to raise funds
** For one-on-one work with our clients, a screening and training/orientation process is required. For other volunteer positions, training is voluntary but encouraged (training helps volunteers to understand the reality we are encountering).
CIH held the first volunteer orientation on February 9, 2016 at our Mother of Confidence Church. Executive Director Grace Williams, consultant Loren Fardulis, and Camille Mica led the training. Viewing this video is the first step required for direct contact with survivors in our program.
If you are interested in becoming more involved with CIH, please email Margaret at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See link below for volunteer orientation video: